Old 11-25-15, 08:46 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Metro Boston: Good ride tomorrow?

Hi all,

For the past few years, @mtalinm, my fellow commuter from Westwood, and I have ridden on Thanksgiving morning from Norwood Hospital to Boston. m’ rides as far as Jamaica Pond, and returns to Westwood. I just posted him, but if anyone is interested in a group ride, here’s a proposal. The basic element is a ride leaving around 10:00 AM for a 14 mile ride on a pleasant route through Dedham and West Roxbury to Brookline and Boston.

If you were to drive to Norwood, we could leave at a time to get to the Back Bay Commuter Rail Station to catch an 11:25 AM train back to Norwood, with your bike, to the Norwood Central station located immediately behind the Hospital. According to the schedule it arrives before noon. Maybe we could even extend the route, say to 20 miles on mutual agreement.

This is a sector of Metro Boston that seems not to be ridden much as described in posts to this thread. The current hourly forecast for Norwood at 10:00 AM tomorrow is 50° F, and partly sunny. I’d like to finalize plans by this evening, say around 10:00 PM.

Jim