View Single Post
Old 11-29-15, 05:59 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4358 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
I don't understand this cop bashing crap. Cops have the toughest job in the world, they have to deal with the worst of us and do so day in and day out, year after year and then have to deal with the politics of the community and the department, then have to watch know criminals get off on light sentences. Cops suffer from more on the job stress (known as PTSD) than any other occupation, divorce is the highest of any occupation. Read this for more insight on this occupation: https://www.soc.umn.edu/~samaha/cases/police_stress.htm http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0926105029.htm

And while some of you are bashing cops you expect them to save your life and those of your family should a gun man threaten you or them and put their lives in front of yours, which they do day in and day out yet we don't hear the news of all the times a cop puts his life on the line, just when a cop finally blows a fuse from stress and does something wrong that they regret and will have to live with that stress of knowing that for the rest of their lives and then the news sensationalizes it. A cop is a human being not a superhuman factory made robots as Dave Cutter said, and as a human being most have a finite breaking point due to the stress, this is usually taken out on the women that they love, but when it gets really bad they take it out on a citizen, usually a citizen that is trouble maker. Cops that are employed by large cities are the ones especially susceptible to on the job stress, small little 20,000 population towns not so much, most of these types suffer from boredom, and on top of the stress of being a cop in a large city, just living not even as a cop in a large city is more stressful than living in a small town, so the cop gets stressed from two different angles.

So the next time you get pulled over be extremely nice to the cop, ask them how there day is going, keep your hands on the steering wheel the whole time from when the cop exits his car and don't move them until the cop ask for you ID and registration, then before you move your hands tell the cop your id is in your wallet in your purse or back pocket and ask permission to retrieve it slowly, then hands back on the steering wheel after you gave them the ID and ask permission again to retrieve your car and insurance papers out of the glove box and retrieve it slowly then hands back on the steering wheel and remain there until you get your papers back and have to sign the ticket. Then thank the cop for doing such a great job for the community even though you may be hating the idea of receiving a ticket, but they're just doing their job to enforce the law that you failed to do your job at keeping, and offer to shake their hand by extending yours. You would be surprise if you do those steps I outlined here how many cops will let you go without a ticket.
It is nice to know you haven't really dealt with cops in any bad situation and probably live in some fantasy world lit up by the television or you live in Mayberry! However we are in the real world and cops don't have a very tough job most days. They have an easy job, they sit around getting free or reduced price food, they can run red lights whenever they want or speed if they so choose. When they have nothing to do, they play on their laptops or just stand around wasting taxpayer money. They can make up any law they want, whenever they want and pretty much do or say whatever they please. Most of the cops I have met (and I have met quite a few) seem to be lower IQ types who have an interest in controlling others.

You want a really rough job, try a barista in a big city, you work for little money, you are sometimes forced to close and then open waking up extremely early and dealing with rude and nasty customers one after the other making ridiculous orders and a huge mess you have to clean up. You are constantly running and you have no power to do anything and if you are rude or do something back at the customer you get yelled at by managers and fired. Drugs tend to be rampant through some of these places (I have had many friends who worked at Starbucks and they all say the same things luckily one of my friends has been sober for 11 years after working there)

Or you could be a slaughterhouse worker which has high rates of spousal abuse, substance abuse and PTSD. Not to mention the huge dangerous machinery and the fact if you expose what they are doing inside you could face jail or worse they might just kill you (which is why they use a lot of undocumented labor with little English skills). The pay is also quite horrible as is the stench of death and toxins in the air which will make you sick.

Maybe if you took off your rose colored glasses you would see the police for who they really are! They aren't good people, they are cowards with way to much power and no regulation who have a pretty cush job. The few times I have needed a cop, in each situation they were pretty useless, so I just protect myself now and try and avoid police. After seeing what police have done over the years and looking at history, I cannot trust the police and it is sad you still do. My guess though is though you won't respond to the points I made either just as you have done with skye because you have no good response because you cannot really defend them.