Old 11-29-15, 09:45 PM
Chris0516

Bikes: 2003 (24)20-Speed Specialized Allez'

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by VSGRider
I have no problem riding on The Silver Comet trail here in Atlanta, simply because there are ONLY other riders and walkers and runners on that trail. I cant always get to the trail head, though, when I want to ride, so I DONT ride because quite Frankly, Im scared to ride on the road. People here cant drive and it scares me. A cyclist was killed while riding not even a mile from my house last year and I'm always hearing of people riding and getting hit by cars. Maybe it is because I've never really ridden on the road before and don't really know HOW!

Any tips other than the normal rules of the road?
Do you live in the Metroplex, or further out? Because Atlanta goes from Dekalb County, into Gwinnett County. If you are referring to right in the city proper, instead of the suburbs. I can definitely understand. But if you are referring to the suburbs, I would need more detail. For instance, a family friend lives on Flagler St., which is safe for riding. But an (ex)uncle lives on West Wesley Ridge. While that is safe. The major road it connects to, doesn't look safe. They used to live on Oldfield Rd., which is definitely a safe area to ride.

Can you give me a better idea of your locale? Like a major street nearby. Are you near Peachtree St.?

While my locale says Maryland, and went back to Atlanta many times for Christmas when I was a kid. I lived in a suburb of Atlanta during the early 1970's. I gave my son a baseball that Hank Aaron autographed in the tunnel of Fulton County Stadium.