Old 11-30-15, 08:26 PM
yashinon

Bikes: Trek Domane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Calla lily
I need a new bike. Currently riding (or not really riding it now as it needs some work) a older Huffy Savannah which has been mostly fine for years. I want something lighter that fits me better that would allow me longer distances. I mostly ride road and paved trails, occasionally hard packed beach and some off-road (beach and off road I use my daughters cheap mountain bike for but would like to use the new bike for all). I am looking at a Diamondback Clarity 2 that's on sale today for $230 which I can buy now. However the bike I would really like is a Liv Rove 2 but that I can't afford for a few months. So question is, is there that much difference between the two and what I'll need it for that I should wait until I can get the Rove or do I get what I can afford now?
I say wait...not because of budget but because spring opens up more selection. Even the local DSG will have more selection! "There is always a deal" out there! The LBS will most likely mark down last years models. You could always wheel and deal between the LBS's. Diamondback makes a good product but waiting will not hurt. What is the weather like out your way? 8-)