Old 12-02-15, 01:41 AM
look171

Bikes: Casati, Look, Torelli, Ridley, and a bunch of steel bikes from the 80s and the 90s..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DMC707
Thats some serious eye candy ---

I'm an insurance adjuster so i get to pay for this stuff when tornadoes and floods take it away, --- so i know what a nice kitchen setup costs, - and most people just buy the stuff for the looks (and thats fine - but i'm a "buy once, cry once" type of guy ) -- most of the customers i deal with maybe use their gorgeous 48 and 60" ranges maybe twice a year --- i guarantee i will use mine almost every day on the flipside

Dont know if you've had to do with my West Coast bretheren or not for storm remodels or anything, but working with nice homes gave me my champagne wishes -- Mine is a complete new construction, but i have been buying closeouts and relying heavy on my rolodex of contractor aquaintance for a lot of work ---- but the "buy once-cry once" mentality gets expensive. Travertine and 3/4" oak throughout plus custom moldings and fixtures ----I live on a small acreage so the damn driveway was 430' x 12' of concrete --- i have been writing checks in 20k intervals on a regular basis

Bikes and cycling trips are my getaway-- in reality, a 5 or 6000$ or more bicycle is pretty darn cheap compared to building a home , --- but on the flip side, i will likely get a lot more use out of a decent driveway and a nice range - - My late model Cannondale Synapse is kind of like a Frigidaire compared to the upper tier Colnago's - which are Wolf's , --- but the cheap stuff tends to keep plugging away just fine

Thanks for the offer on the shoutout -- i may PM you someday --
Wow, sounds like a fun job. Plus, you get to buy out all the high end stoves and such. Hunt for a 48" Sub-zero would be nice. Hey, now it time for those contractors to scratch your back.

I don't do any storm or earthquake work nor do we work with any insurance companies. Most of our clients are the Hollyweird crowd. Demanding, with a few bucks to spend. PITA sometimes, but we deal with the good and the bad. Some are actually really nice folks. We just installed a 48" Wolf range for some lady who works for JPL. Beautiful range, but sure its not cheap. My vendor always say to me with a big smile, "Back for some more adults toys?" He knows I will write a 35k check for appliance without thinking about it. I am dang good at spending money that isn't mine. Spend money on the house, that's why we work so darn hard. It will make your family very happy. BTY, that's a long and expen$ive driveway.

Tell you the truth, between the Cannondale and the Colnago would be a real toss-up if you ask me. I raced on a CADD 3 for a couple of years and love the thing (no more fillings left). But then again, I have ridden the latest and the greatest on both brands. My old Masterlight rode pretty nice too.