Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by snotrockets
What's the rest of the list?
Above or below?

I almost always recommend SRAM because:
1. They are local out of Chicago and we race week in and week out with a lot of their staff and engineers. When given the option to support local I will.
2. Their product tends to at least have an argument for being some of the top product available.
3. Everything in their lineup is cross compatible still (even though they say it isn't) and that makes a huge difference to me and my customers.
4. Pricing - It's readily available and the cross compatibility allow us to put together a system that performs best for the customer while working with their budget.

Campy will always get an 11 speed nod from me as well. Campy stuff continues to be extremely well made and serviceable. Their incompatibility with wheel splines and generally extreme cost and pricing for top end product just simply makes me rule them out and always make them the third recommendation for anyone. Even the most diehard Campy guys I know on the local racing circuit have decided to just give up. If you only have the 1 rig and only always ride the same stuff then it becomes an option but when you're racing and you have to change wheels with people, need lots of different application stuff, etc then it's just more of a PITA.