Old 12-02-15, 01:14 PM
cruiserhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Di2 is good stuff. I still have reasons I prefer mechanical in certain applications (racing - while electronic has few breakdowns those breakdowns usually leave onsite support with no options and keep the rider from competing or completing and in cross - I have seen electronic do some stuff that has left the racer out of luck when if they had mechanical we would have been able to get them back into the game) but for the rank and file 99% of users it's they best.
I feel that Di2 is such a step up from mechanical. In mtb and cross, maybe more.
XTR Di2 is incredible and the programming abilities are just so efficent and customizable to the rider and terrain
Everything can break, and I do like that mechanical is..well, mechanical. I know Di2 can have issues but I personally, have never seen any from those around me. Doesn't mean much but just saying my personal experience has been positive in regards to Di2.

9000 is really a good group and over time I might decide it's better than 7800 but the whole Di2 thing has pretty much assured that 9000 will never reach the levels of use that 7800 ever saw so unfortunately I think it's going to end up a footnote in the grand scheme.
9000 series mechanical is awesome. It will go down as the best DA groupset.
All mechanical groups are being overshadowed by electronic, so that's just a industry wide thing.

So...even as you mention yourself in just about every paragraph - 7800 was.is the best.
In the context of 10s mechanical- yes. 7800 (because the levers work better than 7900)

In the context of 'vs. 9000' mechanical? no. 9001 takes that.

In the context of "best" 10s DA? no. DA Di2 10s takes that prize.