View Single Post
Old 12-03-15, 03:06 PM
mjoekingz28

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks again for the information. I guess they dont seem all that bad now. Maybe tire makers are at odds'ends making dual tires......seems they have done great work letting us have the best of both worlds by having a tire that works great either as an onroad tire or an offroad tire, and then, simply not being crippled when asked to roll on the other surface.

It seems when I do ride this bike I like destruction. Running over trash in the road, limbs and stuff. It is rather nice not having to dodge obstacles as you do with road bikes. But, most of the ride is paved, but also, as was pointed out, its nice not having to think about it when going thru offroad terrain.....just like putting H rated tires on a Zrated car and relying on your memory to say hey, you are over the limit and maybe one day forgetting you cheaped out on tires and make a high speed run, then become a test pilot.... Instead of having that buffer of having a tire that is designed to work past the speed the car can go.....

Most of my bicycling is on a 700c road bike. I like an around town cruiser without having to have a place to lean the bike ( since there is a kickstand), getting into an aero tuck just to ride short distances, has utility, and can pretty much ride any surface.. Not a MB but an explorer, utilitarian, Jeep sort of ride. Then have the road bike in the stable when you want to travel far or ride fast.

which forum should I be reading?

Car free
roadie
???