Old 12-06-15, 09:18 PM
triitout

Bikes: Viscount: Pro, GP, Gran Touring, Gran Sports, custom single speed. Vitus 979, Trek Madone 5.2, Motobecane Le Champion SL Ti, Kona Koa, Centurion Ironman Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DSCN1005

DSCN1008

I've taken the bait Robbie Tunes and bought my first Centurion IM Expert, and of course it had to be the 1987 Miami Vice. I'm already used to those colors with my magenta Vitus 979 and my yellow Viscount Gran Touring. Kinda like they had a baby. The forum trolling has been invaluable in getting me up to speed on the profile of the lineup. Thanks! I've been heavily immersed in my (please don't laugh!) Viscount forum Home | Viscount & Lambert Bikes and collection the past few years and this group has that same hard core enthusiasm. Love it.

About the bike, I normally ride c-t 60cm so I can manage OK on this 62. It's a CL lister from Ca and appears pretty original except the wheel set and saddle. No rust just scratches. It's been sitting in a garage the past 20+ years after being a USC student bike purchased at Bikeology in Santa Monica. Somehow it ended up with Weinman 2719 rims with KK sealed bearing hubs, and the rear is a bolt on that looks to be 130mm. Ouch. If I'm correct, those wheels appeared on some lower grade Centurions and are fairly heavy so maybe the dealer swapped it out. Maybe I've got a cold set 130mm space frame after all these years? So many ways to go after seeing what's been done by others. New wheels? Upgrade to free hubs? Go to 7 speed? Yellow cable housing? So many questions. Either way, I'll keep the DT shifters. It'll make a nice winter project.