View Single Post
Old 12-06-15, 10:20 PM
kickstart

Bikes: 2005 Gazelle Golfo, 1935 Raleigh Sport, 1970 Robin Hood sport, 1974 Schwinn Continental, 1984 Ross MTB/porteur, 2013 Flying Piegon path racer, 2014 Gazelle Toer Populair T8

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
I think that once again you are a little overly sensitive. The posting of pro-carfree statements on this forum should not be seen as a criticism of the lifestyle adopted by yourself and your wife--and indeed the vast majority of people in developed countries.

You really don't have to point out the great features of cars every time somebody mentions the great features of being carfree. I'm well aware of jobs that require the use of cars, and so is everybody else. However, the topic here is getting a job WITHOUT a car. I doubt if carfree/carlight people would even apply for a job like your wife's, but they can probably find other great jobs in health care that do not require them.
Don't be silly,

The conclusion Heywood made that you agree with isn't a "pro-Carfree" statement. While certainly true in some instances, its an observation on the consequences of poor money management that can afflict motorist and carfree alike.

There's enough legitimate reasons for some people to be carfree that intellectual dishonesty is unnecessary.