Old 12-08-15, 06:21 AM
PaintItCeleste

Bikes: My wife says "Too Many"

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by texaspandj
Although I never considered building a single speed especially out of an Ironman, this looks like a perfect candidate. Of course, if all the braze on are still there, then just another road bike.
Looks like a 85 that's been sprayed or left outside and sun bleached on one side. Still, that's a good price. I think I'd clean it, clear coat it and turn it into an outstanding road bike. Well providing that rust on the tt doesn't go all the way thru. Wait. Is that rust? Are the bosses still there? Hard to tell with those pics.
Talk about an 80s paint job. I actually do dig this frame, however I think I'm highly influenced by the price.
Sarah McLachlan's song angel should be playing in the background but instead of me wanting to change the channel I want to rescue this one.
48cm Dave Scott Ironman Centurion Road Bike
Lol great allusion. Maybe it's my most recent experience speaking to me, but the fact that someone removed nearly everything on this frame except the stem and left crank arm either tells me they weren't using the proper tools to begin with, weren't terribly dedicated to stripping the frame, OR that stuff is frozen/stripped. The bike I just worked on had a frozen stem and MAN was that a bear to remove. Took me 3 or 4 days of PB blaster and lots and lots of working it, and then ultimately a second guy to wrench it free (one rotating the frame with the stem locked in a vice, horizontally, while the other had a foot on the workbench pulling the frame away from the vice, and using legs to push off the bench). It was like a crossfit workout. Anywho, the sight of that rust on the headtube just has me wondering....