Old 12-19-15, 10:21 AM
cale

Bikes: Kuota Ksano. Litespeed T5 gravel - brilliant!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
I'm not sure I like the tape...
Nooobody likes stickers! (In your best Monty Python/John Cleese voice.)

In all honesty, I'm not sure I like them either. But Mom always reminded me, "Neatness counts." I made a cardboard template of a chainstay protector and then cut out the shape over and over. The tape lights up very brightly when lit by headlights. I like the visibility it brings and while I too am a fan of orange, I don't object to covering some of the Motobecane art (of which there is an abundance, haha) and "breaking-up" visually some of that orangeness. It's a very strong color!

I'd like to be more creative with the stickers. (Because our days are extremely short this time of year, I really feel I need to add reflective elements.) I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination.

The fenders don't rattle. This is my first use of Raceblade fenders and frankly, i'm pretty impressed with the system. Being able to take off the fenders in a matter of seconds means I don't necessarily have to ride with them. They don't rub either. The stays are pretty close to the tires but the triangulation of the piece, its light weight, and the strong rubber bands that attach to the stays/fork keep them from shifting around. These are the largest size offered as a "Raceblade" and I don't think they are intended for use with a 32mm wide tire. But the Vittoria's are a narrow 32 (more like 31) and I've been able to keep the spray to a minimum. I didn't use more traditional fenders because the fork doesn't have a fender mount and I really stalled creatively when it came to coming up with a work around. The brake posts on the fork make it extremely difficult to affix any sort of mount for a left front stay. Like the stickers, the fenders may not have been the best choice. Time will tell.

Last edited by cale; 12-19-15 at 11:26 AM. Reason: grammar,clarity