Old 12-19-15, 09:44 PM
cale

Bikes: Kuota Ksano. Litespeed T5 gravel - brilliant!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GeoKrpan
I am confused, sorry. What happened to the original components of the Turino TEAM? The Omni Strada TRAIL would have saved you a lot of trouble and money, and it comes in that exact same orange but with a unpainted carbon fork.
The Motobecane Turino Team was my replacement for a bike stolen on July 11. I choose it because I was excited to try out the latest Shimano mechanical/hydro dual control levers. The fact that the bike fit really well and was a nicely balanced ride (pretty neutral handling) made it a great purchase. What I didn't know at the time and would learn 3-weeks later was that my insurance claim which included a replacement frame and that with the purchase of this replacement frame, I would be entitled to receive the depreciation that had been deducted when calculating replacement value. (A clause in my homeowners policy made possible depreciation recovery. I had been paying for it, 16 years , and didn't know it existed. I'd never made a claim before this stolen bike.)

Here's where things get a little goofy. My stolen bike shared its name with a Ti model made by the same UK company; the company's products are not distributed in the US. The insurance company was limited by their internal policy to sourcing price quotes exclusively from domestic vendors. Despite the records I had submitted at the time I made my claim, the insurance company provided for a Ti replacement frame. The valuation would apply towards any similarly priced frames and with its purchase (I'd send the receipt to the insurance company), I would receive the depreciation. In fact, every part, component, accessory on the bike, etc. was fair game for depreciation recovery, I just had to buy the stuff and provide the receipts.

Once I had the Litespeed T5g in my hands, there was nothing that could have forced me to return it, even though the amount of money it cost was obscene. Haha

So the Motobecane gave up its drivetrain and cockpit (sans saddle and seatpost) to the Litespeed. Because the wheels from the Moto weren't compatible with the thru axle design of the Litespeed and fork, I gave those parts to my son's bike. (That's a different story.)

I was left with a frame and fork (plus saddle and seatpost) and that's where this thread comes in.

Sorry for the long winded reply.

Thanks for sharing your interest.

Last edited by cale; 12-19-15 at 09:59 PM. Reason: clarity