Old 12-20-15, 10:30 PM
Estate

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I found this thread while I was poking around looking for more information on my green Le Champion. The more I read of it I began thinking there can't be this many coincidences between the OP's bike and mine. After reading further, it's obvious that Mark (atalamark) is the person I bought the green Le Champion from last summer here in Portland. OR. Pretty weird when you think of how large the world and Internet is but it really speaks to the rarity of a green LC.

I've began the tear down of what was to be a full restoration and it was only what I found out during that process that gave me all the information needed to be able to ID the bike as previously owned by Mark.

Now I might have a new direction for it. I had originally thought that the fork might look nice with a partial chrome dip along with the seat & chain stays. Not so sure now as I feel that might be taking away from it's uniqueness.

One of the more difficult tasks has been nailing down a potential year of manufacture and I had come to my own conclusion that it was a 72 (ish) and have been acquiring original parts from that era. Despite all the details to compare against the online catalog at bulgier.net, it was the green that keep me thinking it might be earlier.

Without spending ridiculous money I've been able to find appropriate handlebars,
stem, Campy derailleurs, brakes, seat post, etc. All either NOS or very close.

As the Phil Wood BB retaining cups are slightly rusted I'll be trying to get replacements. Knowing that Mark had come from the NE area of the country,
I feared that it was completely rusted inside but not at all.

Anyways, that's where I am with it. I've been looking for the correct head badge forever now so if anyone has a lead on that I'd greatly appreciate it as well as any comments or advice.

Mark if you sill have the pics above it would be great if you could either repost/rehost or send them to me. I'd like to continue this thread as I finish the bike.

VeloBase.com - View Head Badge

Thx,

Rob