Old 12-22-15, 11:00 AM
dunderhi

Bikes: Little Wing, XTRACK, Electron Pro, SuperCorsa, Paramount, & Thunderdrome

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TrackMonkey7
Very helpful, thank you! I was under the impression that collusion wasn't allowed, perhaps at a national or international level event the kind of work those three were doing wouldn't have been allowed. But at a weekly series for beginners, I can understand it being allowed.

While I won't dispute that the third rider has every right to move out of the lane like that to get some points, I'm fairly certain that he was just doing it simply to block me from attacking, getting points or just to simply scare me away.
The junior in question is the best bike handler riding in the SR4 field, but the problem is that he is probably too good for the SR4s. He is only 16, but scores well in the SR3 Omniums on Tuesdays and has even raced on Friday against the pros while using junior gearing. His acceleration upon hearing that riders are coming over the top is his standard reaction to trying to stay near the front of the field and join in any breaks. The rider in front of him came out of the sprinters lane and I think he reacted accordingly. Hence his statement that he was trying. I always keep my eye on the riders 2 or 3 positions in front of me. If I only react to the rider in front of me, it will be too late one day and we will go down. BTW, I almost always announce attacks over the top, but that's so the field starts accelerating so that my own reaction can be a bit more moderate.

The juniors from the same team do work together regularly on Saturdays, but I've also been known to help a teammate during the Masters races. I would think the secretive aspect of collusion is not met if they are all wearing the same jersey. Are the rules now interpreted that teammates can't work together? I understand that you can't maneuver to impede another rider, but can't I set the chasing pace for a teammate off the front? The field is welcome to come around me at any time.

Last edited by dunderhi; 12-22-15 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Rendunancy