View Single Post
Old 12-22-15, 06:35 PM
AZORCH

Bikes: 1966 Paramount | 1971 Raleigh International | ca. 1970 Bernard Carre | 1989 Waterford Paramount | 2012 Boulder Brevet | 2019 Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 77 Times in 40 Posts

Sekai 2700, ca. 1980, SN YOH7130
This is about as close to a time machine as it gets. I picked this up at an estate auction this morning and to my understanding this bike was never ridden outside. The owner (who is 94) purchased it new in 1983 and then rode it on Kreitler rollers indoors for a few years, then hung it up on the wall. It's been hanging there ever since. The owner's manual and original receipt were in the bottle holder. Other than a gel pad over the saddle, I am confident this is 100% original, right down to the lavender-colored bar wrap (which I think has faded over thirty years from a more color-coordinated blue.

Peugeot PR10, purchased in The Netherlands, 1973

This is my neighbor's orange PR10, along with a note from him about the bike:

Dear Mark,

As I told you, by coincidence did I find the flap on that booklet I showed you describing the bike I have.

I decided to search the internet using the sentence:

"brochure van Peugeot PR10"

The search result I honed into;
Cycles Rétro-Peugeot or <a href="http://www.peugeotshow.com/" rel="nofollow">www.peugeotshow.com/</a>

The first image I scanned is a scan I did, the other images are of the brochure I had (and still may have) per above website.

I bought the bike in 1973. I thought I had done so in 1968.

Anyway it will clear the mystery of my Peugeot bike. The difference between the PR10 and PX10 is that the the forks of the PX10 were also made from Reynolds 531 tubing.

If I find the page of the brochure I have, I wll create a better scan.