View Single Post
Old 12-22-15, 10:00 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Liked 5,307 Times in 1,852 Posts
Originally Posted by quicktrigger
Pretty much the same way. Not much to the final assemble. I did however change the tires first to what I wanted. Nothing wrong with the ones that came on it, just wanted a different size and colored to go with my plan for the bike. Sorry for the mis-characterization. Thanks for clearing it up. I had been told at one time, that was basically how they came. Perhaps there was a mis-understanding.

As for the mill finish upgrade, and upgraded wheels, I can only go by their website at the time, and what they were selling for locally. Glad you got the upgrades. At the time the difference in basically the same bike (as close as I could make them anyway) was $1400 from BD and $5200 from Lynskey. I know Lynskey are allot less now, but the difference is still pretty big. Doing it over again, I would still have had to go with BD. Just too big a difference for me to buy into, especially with no hard data to back it up. And that goes for all other bikes in the price range too.

LOL, no worries! To be honest I could care less what wheels came on it. I've got a sweet set of Zen Cyclery wheels going on it and the ones that came on the Lynskey will probably go with one of my CF bikes as I sell them. Part of the difference for me was the ability to work directly with a sales rep at Lynskey to ensure that I got a frame with the right dimensions to compliment my odd fit. I have a messed up back and ride the bars and saddle pretty much level. With my "too large" 56cm CF frames this meant crazy short, steep angle stems to dial in my fit. With the Lynskey I gave them my current fit and they steered me to the frame size which would work best. It appears the only mod I need to make is a 10mm shorter stem over the 100mm they sent with it. Still, it's a total crap shoot buying a bike over the internet and hard to do. But with there no questions asked return policy I was not too worried.