View Single Post
Old 12-23-15, 11:42 AM
rensho3

Bikes: Fuji Elite, 3Rensho track, Trek Madone 6.9, Specialized MTB, GT MTB, Cannondale Cad3 fixie

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
When I've run races, I personally don't like aggressive riding. None of us are getting paid. Hell, most of the P/1/2 riders don't get paid. This ain't the Olympics or World Championships. Taking or causing a tumble to win a local race is never worth it. So, keep it in check.

Just because you see some daylight and think you can shoot that gap, it's probably not worth it.
I agree with Carleton. I don't mind aggressive riding if the guy knows what he is doing. The experienced guy are aggressive, but are still safe. However, inexperienced guys sometimes make moves and then make mistakes. A case in point, at Master's Natz an inexperienced guy tries to dive into the pole lane between 3 and 4 at the end of a three-up match sprint, but misses and goes down to the apron and then tries to steer himself back up the track, gets launched right into another rider, drives the rider into the cement, resulting in massive trauma to the hit rider. Even if he successfully completed the move, he would have been boxed between the hit rider, and the third guy who was in the pole lane. I don't know why he made that move, I can only think that he lost the tactical picture at the moment.