Old 12-23-15, 10:33 PM
RomansFiveEight

Bikes: Nashbar CR5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GravelMN
I've been a paramedic for 20 years and I've performed CPR on numerous individuals who were smokers, obsese, sedentary or any combination thereof. I have responded to several bicycle accidents and the worst injury I've seen on a rider so far (knock on wood) is a fractured femur. A combination of bad genetics and the sins of my younger life led me to two heart attacks over the past couple of years (both after I became an avid cyclist). My cardiologist told me that my cycling lifestyle greatly contributed to my positive outcomes (virtually zero damage) and may have saved my life.

Even when my time comes, I'd rather die having enjoyed the last moments of my life on a bicycle, than on the couch, remote in hand, channel surfing through reruns.

"A ship in a harbor is safe, but that's not what ships were built for." Author Unknown
Yep.

Fear is genuinely fascinating and it's something that has for a long time really fascinated us. From media organizations selling fear to just the fact that we tend to be more afraid of a less-likely injury than we are of a more-likely debilitating disease, poor end-of-life quality and shortened lifespan from sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy diets.