View Single Post
Old 12-24-15, 08:15 PM
Fahrenheit531 
52psi

Bikes: Schwinn Volare ('78); Raleigh Competition GS ('79)

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 802 Times in 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Duke7777
I would like to apologise for degrading this otherwise positive thread with this pathetic squabble between me and iab. He made a comment that I considered pretty asinine, that a late 40s Rene Herse frame is more or less worthless because of the expense of buying original parts for it. I made the mistake of responding with sarcasm, although I thought it was deserved, and it went downhill from there. I don't think this forum is the place for me, but I can't figure out how to un-register. I've sent a couple of requests to the webmaster but I'm not getting a response. If someone knows how to de-register, could they send me a PM?
De-registering seems rather drastic after a single back-and-forth with a single member. But if you must, the easiest way to "de-register" is just stop posting and get on with other things. You'll be missing out on an awesome forum though.

Now, about that "best find of the year" thing:

...just realized I have basically no pics of the Paramount in its current configuration. Just this one.
?!!
A race bike in any era is a highly personal choice that at its "best" balances the requirements of fit, weight, handling, durability and cost tempered by the willingness to toss it and oneself down the pavement at considerable speed. ~Bandera

Last edited by Fahrenheit531; 12-24-15 at 08:19 PM.