Old 12-26-15, 02:03 PM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Looking at your source, that $2,500 bike lans sign seems to be a mile of signs (still seems high; but is a lot more believable). As far as the 25K/mile; it includes "Project includes additional ROW to accommodate bicycle lanes, curb gutter sidewalk,lane reconfirmation, assume ~1 mile in length."

Originally Posted by Mobile 155
I have been looking for a line item PDF rather than a summation like I posted. The stuff is massive to wade through. The Government sites over estimate and the cycling sites under estimate.

Having worked on a govermnent budget before I believe what happens is we are not given the line item breakdown but what the total costs involved from the EI study to total required reconstruction of the street and curb. The lanes cannot be narrowed so a five foot bike lane requires street repaveing and painting plus in some cases shoulder widening. Montana does have such a breakdown listing each lane and the total project cost. It looks like that is what gets presented to us but using California costs verses Montana. Still look at signage costs on page 2. And then scan total project costs on the same page for Montana.

ftp://ftp.ci.missoula.mt.us/DEV%20ft...st%20table.pdf