Old 12-27-15, 12:39 AM
loimpact

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Supersix Evo 3; 2014 Cannondale Quick 4; 2014 Cannondale Crash 4 hi-mod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
A couple of updates............

1.) I had developed a 6 o'clock drive-side "tick" during hard efforts shortly after install of the Wheels Mfg BB......HOWEVER......I have since done a thorough bike cleaning which included pulling the cranks and completely cleaning out the grease (which really wasn't too old but I'd had a heavy rain ride so I like to go thru the bike after bad rain) and I can say that after reassembly, and a couple thousand miles.....she's silent. I'm no sure where the tick was and don't care at this point......I can hammer up climbs endlessly in pure silence......

2.) A (imho) VERY exciting new development is Wheels Mfg new THREADED PF30 kit................. PF30 Threaded ABEC-3 BB (Black) I really like this idea!! I can only hope that this has the potential to end PF30 issues for good. The only problem I see going forward is that this BB will surely test the concentric tolerance of mfgrs bores in the BB shell.

I see they don't appear to approve of any retaining compounds during installation. (With one side "pressed" and the other "threaded in", I could see why but would love to hear Campag's opinion)

I also don't *THINK* the bearings are "captured" on this setup which could be good or bad, depending on what you like. (I'll try to remember to contact them to find out for sure & report back here, but as best I an see, they don't look captured in the pics.