Old 12-27-15, 02:04 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3895 Post(s)
Liked 1,947 Times in 1,391 Posts
34 miles and 1900' on the tandem Saturday. It was a bit chilly, 34°-39°, but dry and little wind. We had fun. It was supposed to be a group ride, but we were the only ones who showed up. Just as well. I had on my Lakes for the first time this year. They have a thicker sole than my Sidis, so it felt like I had my knees up near my chin and my legs hurt. After stopping several times for saddle adjustments, I wound up with my saddle being 5mm higher. We also had to stop a couple times for clothing adjustments because I was overheating. Anyway, a lovely ride, really fun, and 3 Strava PRs plus 2nds on almost every other segment. As we crested yet another hill about 5 miles from the end, I realized that I had had enough fun. I was done with fun. We cruised back to our truck. Still got another 2nd on the last hill.

Today, Sunday, it's the same temperature as Saturday except pouring down rain. Nice to see we made a wise choice in riding days. We plan to snowshoe tomorrow and I hope to get in a day's alpine skiing this coming week, maybe night skiing to avoid the crowds.