View Single Post
Old 12-28-15, 09:54 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
I rode my commute again today. No pics even though I took a camera. The pair of turkeys resident in someone's front yard for the last month have not been seen this last week. Maybe someone had a turkey dinner for Christmas.

There are only two noteworthy points to note today. It was moderately cold, and with a steady headwind this morning. And I rode today on a rear wheel I built up last week. Some might say it is stupid to head off to work on an untested wheel, but I have faith in my own builds.

You see, after I had built up the generator hub for the front wheel I had mismatched hubs. And an orphaned 501 front hub. Well, a month or so I found a nice Suntour Cyclone rear hub that looked much like the SV-8 front hub. By rebuilding the rear with the Suntour I reclaimed a matching set of 501s to use on a future project, such as the pair of GP4 in a box in the basement.