Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
These were my 2015 goals ...

At the moment we have one main goal ... ride a Metric CAM (at least one 100K each month).
Some of those metric centuries may be longer rides ... I'm hoping we'll get a few imperial centuries in there ... maybe even a 200K ... and just possibly a 300K ... but the base goal is at least one 100K each month.

I'm also tossing around a few secondary goals ...

-- maybe a climb up Mt Wellington. A person could cycle from sea level to the top of Mt Wellington (1271 metres) ... several cyclists do that each year. Some do it several times. From where we might park to the top of Mt Wellington and back would be about 40 km, so that's 1271 metres up in 20 km (average 6.35%, I think) ... and then, of course, a long decent back down again.

-- I'd like to do a 1000 km month at least once this year ... that might not happen until October or November, but I'll see what I can do.

-- I'd like to average 100 km/week over the whole year. The last two years, I've been averaging just a bit over 50 km a week. Some weeks have been really good, but there has also been a lot of time off the bicycle for one reason or another.

A pair of surgeries in January 2015 took me out of the running for the first goal. But we did end up riding 3 metrics and 2 imperial centuries.

We haven't done Mt Wellington yet.

My biggest month was November with 544 km.

And I ended up with 3706 km, which works out to about 71 km/week, so that is an improvement on the last couple years.