Old 12-31-15, 10:56 AM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 118 Posts
I had the Cycleops Fluid 2. Bought it new and then sold it to a friend cheap. He doesn't like it for the same reasons but he bought it for $100 so kept it. My other friend has one too, and like it but he mainly just tried to get base miles on it thru the winter. I bought it for that as well but mainly so I could do standing climbing and build my legs on bigger gears...slower-cadence standing climbs and intervals with those types of climbs mixed in. The Cycleops does't do that well at all, though it is smooth and well built. I simply had to pedal too fast to get resistance and even then, the resistance was not enough to simulate steep climbs. I have the Minoura V270 Gyro Trainer actually. I can do the flat pedaling and vary resistance by either changing gears or using the seven steps of magnetic resistance. I can do both and stand and climb at a low cadence and big gear. That is the plan this winter, in addition to the heavy-wheeled fat bike. The Minoura is also a fair bit quieter and for me, a much better option. Quality- both are similar.