Old 12-31-15, 03:29 PM
Vinnems

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
What's really a shame with the passing of quill stems is that all the vintage throwback frames are made with threadless stem, which is something I refuse to compromise on looks wise. I'm making a modern vintage build, and there were a few frames I was interested in that the threadless stem killed for me. I really wanted the Look AC364 for a single speed build, but it was threadless. I wanted to get the Masi Grand Criterium (that metallic blue!) but the same thing. Bianchi has a few frames, but same thing.
I went with a Pelizzoli in the end, as it was in the same range (~$1000) of what I was looking for. Cinelli still does threaded, but I guess it comes at a premium now because it's a $2000 frame. I see some of the asian frame builders still use it, though, such as Factory Five and Colossi, but I wasn't too into how some of their frames work. They are a very affordable option, though.
Such a shame, as I am not willing to compromise with threadless. I find it hideous looking and it ruins other wise beautiful bikes.