Old 01-01-16, 02:09 PM
oldroadie48

Bikes: Cervelo SLC-SL with Super Record

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Which bike???

Ok.... I usually do not like asking opinions about which bike, frame set, group or etc.. to buy because I think the buyer needs to get what THEY like and not what someone else likes. With that being said I have reached a crossroad and I have researched until I can't see straight anymore. I had a Cervelo R3 and sold it to get a Bianchi Infinito CV. While the CV is a nice frame I find it a bit heavy and sluggish on acceleration and going up hill. It does ride smoother but the harshness of a ride never really bothered me. Now I have found 2 frame sets that I initially was looking at... Boardman SLR 9.8 and a Diamondback Podium Optum. I know both of these are pure racing and the Bianchi is an Endurance Race which will make them ride differently. Question is can I make the Bianchi lighter (without going to tubular tires) and without breaking the bank. I have super record and Reynolds Assault wheels with Zipp cockpit. Would you sell the Bianchi and go with the Boardman or Diamondback? May be a stupid question to some but thought I would enlist the help of people that have been riding longer than me (2 years) and someone that has experience on the listed frames. Thanks for your time.