Old 01-02-16, 01:39 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3377 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by ErichVonCartman
There is no Undergrad at any University smarter and more Logical than a EE. Most people are good with street smarts or simple thing smarts, but EE is complex where the answers can take up to 100 steps to get to. Most ...
You are funny. I was becoming an EE then just got hired to do secret magnetic stuff and never became one. That was good because it was starting to get real hard (80s and I was with the boat people in class). I tend to agree with you from the standpoint of how smarts are measured by people that care. So anyway after hours in our secret lab and on weekends we used to sneak in bike parts and test all kinds of things. We had test equipment for the B2 put together with bike parts. The quick release is a very useful tool. We found Epoxylite 6203 was both great for bonding brake pads to metal heat sinks on the bike and for tests - and then holding space shuttle parts together. We found Permecel Kapton 222 tape (polyimide) was both great for insulating coils and the best rim tape ever (still is). We use Nomex for coils and also tire casing boots. At that time Continental tires were cotton casing and since they use polyimide casing which is I think a great all around material.