Old 01-05-16, 02:29 PM
Gweedo1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sumbikerguy123
R. Thanks!
I recently purchased a new bike, after being off for 15 years. Previous bike was classic road geometry, 73/73 Italian sl/sp cromoly frame with Ultegra groupo, 58 cms. I'd still consider it a nice bike. Due to finances, could not afford a new Italian cromoly frame. Got a "modern" aluminum frame...very stiff, "race" geometry, shorter chain stays, huge BB, featuring Ultegra and 105, and 54 cm. Loved it at first, but then I thought I'd try jamming off the seat.....whoa....what a Keystone Cops routine that was. I was all over the place. I always had an easy time jamming off the saddle on my old bike...I mean I'd be positioned chin over frt axle and rocking that lovely lacquer red and chrome plated frame under me like we were professional dance partners. The new one...holy crap! WTF was going on?! I thought it was too small, wrong fit...yadda. Well...it wasn't the bike. The bike is so stiff and responsive, it was wayyy "ahead" of the rider. As soon as I thought about getting off the seat, with the slightest of body English, the bike had already moved to one side. Trying to correct it, only lead to exaggerated over corrections. What a slap stick routine it was...now...I'm almost "even" with the bike. When I can start riding again, (snow and ice suck)...I will get "ahead" of the bike, like I was on my old one.