View Single Post
Old 01-07-16, 12:14 AM
bike or die

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
Very informative and supportive! My own switchover from carfree walking to carfre bicycling was also something of an epiphany also. One of the first things I did after starting to ride an old clunker was to look up bikes on the Internet. I stumbled across bikeforums.net, and it was an enormous help to me over the first few months and years.

Can I ask, you rarely ride in the dark, and you don't have much winter gear. Does that make it harder for you to be relying on your bikes for transportation?
Not really, I just don't trust some drivers when it comes to darkness so I usually plan ahead, but for Winter I only hope the sidewalks or pathways are clear enough. I of course have Pearl Izumi gloves, a headband/hats, & different coats for the varying temperature days, thinking about looking at the right kind of scarf & more shoes though.. also very much considering buying a fat bike. I never had one yet & I have to admit they look fun, had road bikes before, my last one was an older Raleigh though I forgot what I did with it.