View Single Post
Old 01-11-16, 06:53 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pederson racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked 487 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by nlerner View Post
I'm the current owner of the 1984 Raleigh Gran Course that Charles Wahl purchased new as a frameset. It's a great rider, not unstable as those steep frame angles might indicate though I've run it with 28-32mm tires (the 32mm were a 650B conversion). The fade paint job is, indeed, very 1980s:

For sure, yours was one that ended up in the hands of one who appreciated it. Stellar build, yours is a one-of-a-kind.

What in Frankenstein's laboratory is going on with your particular Shimergo rendering? How many cogs on that cassette? Eight maybe? Maybe it's a freewheel?

Glad to know that such tire sizes will fit! Are those the narrowest 650b tires available by chance? I see it is pictured still with 700c.

BTW, I remember that SR used the Gran Course moniker around 1979, for a ~27-pound road bike pretty far down in their lineup.