Old 01-11-16, 07:12 PM
scatterbunn

Bikes: 90s Union Safari, 2015 Felt Z85, 2008 Trek 7100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the links everyone, its amazing how some states have great listings that are easy to find using google, etc and others just dont seem to have anything. (Atleast no organized "master list" site and few others). I plan on it taking me atleast 3-5 years to complete my goal but i want to get my research and "plan of attack" done so that I ride a "good" ride, not just a ride to check off the state (though some states this will probably be the case). Some states I will save for my "bucket list ride" like RAGBRAI and Rough Riders 200. Other states I will do the ride as part of a sightseeing/tourist trip like New York, Arizona, Hawaii, Florida, etc. Those states are atleast 2 years away while i pay off my house and get my finances in order. Once my house is paid off, my budget will increase SUBSTANTIALLY and I can really focus on the "flying" states.

For the next two years I am budgeting approx 1500/year so I will have to stick fairly close to home and focus on the "driving" states, those in single days driving distance (thank the lord for low gas prices) or those on the way to visiting family in the Carolinas where I can "sneak in" a ride coming/going or plan visits to family arround rides I want to do (but dont tell my family i said that . ) I am already a member of American Airlines frequent flier miles program since they are the only ones who fly out of the small local airport near me and I am looking into getting their Credit Card to help stretch my traveling budget.

I want to do organized/supported non-competitive events. Mostly interested in single day rides but multi day rides where I can ride a single day and do more than one state in a weekend/trip (ex ride in one state on saturday then do the second day of a two day ride in another on sunday before heading home); or rides where i can do more than one state in a single ride (3 state 3 mountain challenge, Assault on the Carolinas) I also have a few multi day rides like RAGBRAI on my bucket list.

I have posted in the regional forum for rides in LA, MS, and AR march/april, but so far no luck. I have a tentative ride in LA in October (bike the big easy) but just cant find much for LA.