Old 01-12-16, 11:31 AM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5801 Post(s)
Liked 2,619 Times in 1,454 Posts
Originally Posted by calamarichris
I'd earnestly like to see the lane-takers who got us kicked off Pendleton do just that.
If Pendleton was indeed closed because of rude behavior by some of the more militant lane takers and not as a general security measure it might be possible to negotiate a solution.

One approach would be for the base to offer passes to those who agree to abide by set terms and conditions, with (individual) loss of privilege if violated. The conditions could include set times that bikes are allowed or not, and "share the road" rules that are mutually agreeable. It might have been better if this were done before the base management got o angered, but there might still be hope. Unfortunately the self appointed "bicycle advocates" may not be the right people to do this, so a new voice, possibly coming from local clubs, or possibly an adjoining city council may be needed.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.