View Single Post
Old 01-12-16, 03:35 PM
OnyxTiger
Bonafide N00bs

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Quick CX 4, 2014 Fuji Sportif 1.3C Disc, 2012 Fuji SST 2.0 Ultegra Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wheever
Lol. The late '90s Supras had one of the most insanely hot-roddable engines ever made, the 2jz. With comparatively little money, I have seen them pull well over 1100hp on a dynamometer, which is a very different proposition that modern car makers' hyped-up bhp claims. I'm not suprised the Supra ate the lambo, it probably had double the horsepower, and as long as the driver knew how to get it to the road...bye bye!

(Ot, I know, but you said Supra!)
There's two engines: the 2JZ-GE, which was the standard 6, and the 2JZ-GTE, which had the twin turbo capacity. That's the engine you're talking about, and agreed, that thing's a monster. Toyota being the maker of the Lexus brand (short for Luxury Export, U.S.), installed the 2JZ-GE engines in their mid-90s model Lexus GSs. I have a 98 Lexus GS300, and the great thing? It has a pull-and-plug capacity for the 2JZ-GTE engine...

My current engine is running 250K+ miles and still runs like butter. I'm expecting about 300+ before swapping out engines to the upgrade... just have to make sure my wife doesn't kill me because she keeps getting speeding tickets driving the same. And yeah, those Supras are some of the most sexy cars still... they have investment value actually, a small class.