Old 01-13-16, 09:19 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4237 Post(s)
Liked 3,963 Times in 2,359 Posts
Originally Posted by trail_monkey
If you don't mind me asking this, where would you recommend I put the barrel adjuster for my rear derailleur? Would it be better in the short piece of housing that is right before the derailleur or in the cable before it goes into the handlebar wrap so I can adjust it on the fly?
So the rear der doesn't have it's own adjuster already? It's a newer SRAM or Shimano? The frame has no cable stop with adjuster?

Adjusting a cable while riding isn't my higher priority but then I don't race. So I'd place the in line adjuster as I suggested with a brake one. Most won't appreciate my approach to cable routing and fittings placement. As example I would likely not buy a bike that didn't already accommodate adjusters onto the frame. Just one more reason I don't have internally routed cables on the bikes I build. Andy.