customsound79
Twitching Dead Elephant

Bikes: Kona Zone Two, Giant Contend, Polygon Path 3, Specialized Enduro 29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I don't think you mentioned the exact bike, but get good tires, often $40 or so per tire if you get them cheap. There are quite a few threads discussing different tires, and flat resistance. Watch where you ride.

Also spend a few minutes trying to figure out the cause of every flat. It could be anything from bad rim tape to a piece of glass or radial tire wire in the tire carcass. If you're getting blowouts, the tire could be stretched, or you might not be getting the tube installed right.

Make sure you have adequate pressure in the tires for the tire size and weight (the sidewall rating is a good place to start).
It a Trek 1000. It came with mismatching wheels and a set of Mavic CXP22 wheels off the bike. I rode it with the mismatching wheels but the rear was really badly out of true. The tires are Gator Skin. The first tube failed at the valve surround. The second had a puncture on the tread side above the valve. That's the mystery one. I rubbed all inside the tire and nothing. I have new wheels coming tomorrow for the Focus Cayo I'm building and I have brand new tires for those. I'll try again with those.
Both of these blew out on the trainer.

Last edited by customsound79; 01-13-16 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Additional info