View Single Post
Old 01-14-16, 11:59 PM
aaronmcd

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Marin Gestalt X11

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 45 Posts
After I upgraded to cat 3 beginning of last year, all year our cat 4 team was super organized. To the extent that they won the season long series and got ea other points for 4 of them to upgrade.

I followed their Facebook chat before one race, they were discussing in great detail the leadout, who would go where and when and why. I showed up early to watch, and sure enough, the designated winner rounds the last corner 5 seconds ahead of the pack. Next guy midpack, and last 2 off the back.

Our 2/3 squad was not organized though. It went like "chase down early moves til designated teammate gets in break" or, teammate drifts back "hey Aaron go up and cover moves for a while" or, last lap no plan I'm like hey you! as I power up the side to attempt leadout.

Last early bird race we had 4 in the break, I should have been designated winner but of course I assume other guys want the win. But we hadn't been talking and I didn't realize 2 of them were fried and weren't even thinking of winning it. I gotta be more vocal.