Old 01-15-16, 11:50 AM
Murakami

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
+1

One example workout is "the come-around" drill where the rider follows the derny up to race pace and into turns 3/4 and out of turn 4 the rider will jump out into the wind and try to overtake the dermy (usually pulling alongside) then going into turn 1 he'll fade back behind the derny and take a few laps and repeat. For sprinters, this simulates the end of a match sprint and for enduros this simulates a sprint for points and recovery.
Yes, have done this, and also another where derny driver comes alongside and grabs jersey and brings up to 60kph and pushes you off at 200m line, whereupon you've to try and keep the pace or accelerate.

Have also used for TP training, where last man suffers to hold on with the first man having most protection.

The reason I ask about big vs small gears is because I tend to get a lecture from someone each time I show up, sometimes I'm on small gears and sometimes I'm on big. I like to go big for the short sessions, sprinter type, but smaller for the longer ones. That make sense?