Old 01-15-16, 02:27 PM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
There have to be a few that go under a freeway or major arterial, or even cross a bridge with a superstructure. Covered Bridges?
Not that I've found, and it's because of the historical purpose of the roads. They are supplemental routes, many farm to market (think TALL loads in the trailer), which sometimes bring you *to* a major road but they don't usually *cross* the major road. Where they do cross, a simple overpass.

Is the expectation that this is a safety apparatus that one puts on the bike when traversing some roads, then takes off the bike elsewhere? Just getting the bike into the house or garage would be a pain unless the pole is removed.
I don't think the fine gentleman from Missouri has thought through the expectations. As far as getting into the house it's nearly as big a pain with a 6' flag pole, well, at least if you live in an old farmhouse with low ceilings. (I can touch my ceilings while standing on the floor.)

Surely there would be routes that one might go on which would take a person on a variety of streets and bridges, both on a single trip, as well as general use of the bike over time.
I would think so too. I suppose on a tandem the stoker could hoist and lower the flag as needed. And don't call me Shirley.

(All of this is moot - this bill as is will never ever pass ever.)

-mr. bill