Old 01-15-16, 06:43 PM
Fastfingaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BengalCat
What an embarrassment!

The other day I was out on a 50 mile ride over one of the many routes I ride. I was on a flat stretch about 15 miles into the ride. The segment was riding west to the oceanfront. There is almost always a moderate to heavy head wind on that particular stretch. I covered the section averaging 16.5 MPH with a max speed of 18.3 MPH. I was a quarter of the way into the segment when a young guy, (I’m 70), passed me on his road bike. Normally, such events by fit younger road cyclists are expected and reoccurring. But…this guy was pulling his toddler or infant kid in some two wheeled baby carriage tied by a cable to the back of his bike. After passing me he constantly pulled away the rest of the segment.

A hall of shame moment.
That story reminds me of 5K race that involved a pretty steep bridge,, I was running with my friend James and we were on top of the bridge, all of a sudden we hear the slap of running shoes coming up behind us , when we looked, there was this woman pushing her baby in a stroller passing us up, I couldn't believe it , at the time I was running 5K's in about 23-25 minuits,,, another moment of Shame,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,