View Single Post
Old 01-15-16, 07:42 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Cleave
Are you a motorsports fan too? I don't have too many 1/43 scale diecast models but I have one of that car in the Le Mans long tail configuration. Of course, the color scheme, which strangely made a resurgence on bicycles, started with the John Wyer Ford GT40 team and their major underdog win at Le Mans in 1969.
No, Mr. H is the motorsports fan.

A few years ago for Christmas, I got him tickets for the Monterey Motorsports Reunion, which is a weekend of racing classic cars, part of the Monterey car week. Its halfway between a car show and a race. I got us a campsite at Laguna Seca, so we were there for the whole thing, full immersion. I thought I was just going with him to be nice but it was a great event, I really enjoyed it. We even crashed the Maserati owners private party (pro tip: just waltz in like you own the place).

Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

I decided that if I were to come into serious money, I would become a collector of race cars of the 1950s and early 60s. Stuff like this:

And this: