View Single Post
Old 01-16-16, 09:11 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,580 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by Perp
Where can I get info on organized rides? Didn't even think about that.

This will be my first time in Europe in general. I'm going with my brother who travels to Europe 2-3x per year, but he won't cycle with me.

I'm also not sure if I want to bring my bike or just rent one. Last time I traveled, I rented a bike but missed having my power meter.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm really excited to do my trip!
He may have been referring to this place, although I think there is another like it in the Borso area: Bicycle Tours in Italy

Pros: All inclusive where you stay at a residence apartment or hotel and do day rides. Per diem structure allows you to go for as many days as you want. The food is really good and the price includes table wine with lunch and dinner. You can take a bus and train and visit Venice for the day. You can do some relatively flat riding or mountainous riding. Great place if you are into WWI history.

Biggest con: There is nothing to do in town at night other than to hang at the hotel/bar. Getting into Bassano in the evening requires a cab ride as the bus schedule is built around school/general work hours. PM me for more cons.

Some photos from our stay there in 2013: https://www.flickr.com/photos/davez2...th/8977024348/