Old 01-16-16, 02:52 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by loimpact

Ya, lateral spacing is perfect. (I had 2 washers + wavy washer with oem c'dale cups, then went from 1 spacer to zero & *just* wavy washer to get precisely 50% compression). I always use a torque wrench, blah blah.

Anywhoooo......I tore down & regreased last night and all was great....LAST NIGHT. I get out this morning and within 15 minutes, creaking was back. (mind you, I didn't pull the BB so I was all smiles thinking..."Yes, the 609 really *was* still holding and my creak was somewhere in the 'gunk' I cleaned out last night). But alas.........creak is back just as loud as ever. And it's definitely BB. I unclipped & rode on my heels and the sound's still there so not shoes/pedals. I physically wrench on cranks w/ my hands & the BB is definitely the culprit.

So now......I won't pull the BB til tomorrow as I have a race early tomorrow morning.......but what do I want to knock the Wheels Mfg BB out with? I meant to stick my Park BBT30.3 tool in there last night & see where it hits but forgot before I put it all back together & figured I'd check with you as I really can't find anything on Wheel's website or youtube talking about "removal" and don't want to bang on that thing in the wrong places.

TIA!
You could try a narrow wood dowel and hammer...around the inside and 'away' from the inner race. Don't pound on the protrusive inner race edge as that can spoil the bearing. Tap, Tap, Tap around the inside edge of the alloy casing should knock it out.
Clean, re-Loctite and you should be good. Hopefully it will hold longer next time.
Good luck.