View Single Post
Old 01-16-16, 04:51 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by chasm54
@Heathpack, what model is that Trek of yours, and how do you rate it? I'm considering buying a WSD bike as a birthday present and am starting to shop around.
Mine is not a WSD. The frame is a 2013 Trek Madone 4 series. I bought it used from a kid who works in the LBS that I use for all my BMC-related stuff. LBS employees can take Trek courses to learn the product better and then buy frames etc at deeply discounted prices. So he got the frame and collected decent parts and put himself together a race bike, which he always intended to sell and get enough $ to roll into his next bike. Young kid, has no money, but he's smart and is leveraging what he's got into something more. I was happy because I got a nice bike for a really nice price.

I love this Madone. Its very different from the BMC, which is meant to be an endurance bike. I thought that was all marketing hype but the two bikes really do ride very differently. The BMC is very smooth and swoopy and comfortable. The Madone is a quick, light little thing, very nimble and responsive. Its perfect for riding with other people and responding to what's happening around you. Not as comfortable though for 50-60+ mile rides. I tend to do most of my interval workouts on the Madone, and short group rides. But the epic climbing rides or just really long days in the saddle, I always want to be on the BMC.

I rate each of my bikes 10/10. I really do love them all and each one does it's thing exactly as intended.

Last edited by Heathpack; 01-16-16 at 04:55 PM.