Old 01-17-16, 09:02 PM
allen254

Bikes: Fuji roubaix 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by loimpact
Ok, I'm about 99% sure you can add me to the list. Long story short.....

Super climbing ride this morning & noticed a slight tick from drive side when out of the saddle. (felt like it was coming about when my right foot stroke was at 6 o'clock or so) Anyway, thought it could have been something else, so didn't worry much.

Later in the ride I noticed it again during extended medium-grade climbing out of the saddle.

Then the real show was back to the 14% grade climb. Granny-gearing it for all it was worth, I was already dying of exhaustion and then I heard.....the CREEEEAK! There it was for as long as it took me to get to the peak. (sigh)

It's fine on the flats & doesn't make any noice unless I pick a tall gear & try to sprint from an almost stop but it's definitely there.

I checked crank bolts. (Maybe a hair loose but still not what I would consider "loose") Test drove, still the tick at 6 on the right.

I found 1 chainring bolt loose. (T30 torx on the FSA-K Lite cranks) I tightened up, but alas that wasn't it either. Still the tick at 6.

Should I pull apart & regrease?

Swap bearings now?

Burn the bike in a sacrificial fire?

(SuperSix EVO 3, less than a year old......Any recourse w/ Cannondale/LBS?)

Thanks in advance & sorry to be the bearer of yet another BB30 creak.
Are you sure it's you crank or BB i had a noise come from that area too a while back turned out to be a my casette, needed to be regreased and needed a good tightening