View Single Post
Old 11-24-05, 01:26 PM
rw2157

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
holy kreitlers: lots of noise?

So, In just bought a used set of challenger rollers, and when I started using them, the front drum is really loud.

The noise is coming from the vibration of the drum and rattling the frame of the rollers. I put shims in between the frame and the attachment to prevent movement (read: rattling), and that helped a little, but there is also a ton of noise being generated by the actual drum itself. Sometimes it will run smooth, but other times it will generate a lot of noise and vibration.

I have it set on carpet to reduce vibration noise (especially considering i live in an apartment with people below me). They must hear these things, as it is pretty darn loud.

I have thought about getting some plywood as a base to put down on top of the rug, to further insulate the vibration noise, but ideally i would like to find a solution to the actual problem as opposed to working around the problem.

Could the drum be out of round? I thought these things were supposed to last forever. The person I bought them from only used them one season, and they are only two years old.

Thoughts, ideas...? Anyone with similar problems?