View Single Post
Old 01-20-16, 08:11 PM
nstgc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TenSpeedV2
Was just going to post these. I have a pair, had one last year and I lost them somehow so I was happy to see that they were available this year as well. And that price? That is a lot less than I paid. Great gloves and highly recommended from someone that suffers from Reynaud's and still rides in cold temps. Wore them today and it was 14° when I left. They kept me fairly warm for the half an hour I was on the bike to get to work.
If I weren't a man, I'd assume that I have Reynaud's. My brother's fiancee has it and we seem to have the same temperature threshold when it comes to our hands, so this is very helpful information. I truly worry about losing fingers.

Originally Posted by fietsbob
I get Ski Gloves .. they're cheaper than Bike gloves .. for my tour I had glove shells and fleece gloves inside them
so I could remove the liners and dry them quicker separately.
That's a good idea! I like the whole "cheaper than bike gloves" bit a lot.

Originally Posted by JohnJ80
The other real alternative that helps to take glove warmth out of the picture are to get a set of pogies. I like either the Wolftooth ones (have them on my fatbike) or the Bar Mitts that I have and occasionally use on my road bike. Both of these are such that I can use either summer biking gloves to thin fleece gloves down to about 20F.

J
I'll probably get another pair of gloves, but I'm definitely doing this. Pogies sound perfect since I'm afraid of losing too much dexterity due to wearing bulky gloves.

Thank you everyone for your help!