Old 01-21-16, 03:47 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Vicegrip
Nice edit to a classic campy4life post. Stuck waiting for someone to get ready to go out so I will spend a min or two.

You are making a lot of assumptions on the skills, experience and abilities of someone you don't know including if he does on does not have joe blow pumps. I commute to and from every day and keep a cheaper version in the at work bike room as well as a better one in the home shop. Not garage, shop. I don't have the time or inclination to list the mech, welding, HVAC, fabrication and engineering certs, skills, past careers and devices fabricated but trust me a bike pump however seemingly complicated is low on the build list. Bikes are reall low on the same list too which is one reason I like them so much. I have found that some proudly educated folks have a hard time thinking outside the book. Drill the stripped heads, pry the thing open and fix or not. Close it up with some fastners that are sorta close or a slather of 5 min epoxy. You got nothing to loose spending a couple of min prying it open which is my point. You simply gave up and spent far more time posting the above (pre or post edit) post than opening the thing up would have taken.

A bourdon tube gauge that fails in MTBF of "thousands" range is below anything have dealt with. Can't say i have heard of something withstanding 1000s of "replications". Mechanical mitosis?

My original post was simply that found it a bit funny that you were stumped by a bike pump. Time to go
Why don't you troll someone else's thread with your rubbish? Assumptions about your skills? What skills? You haven't performed this repair. So, you have no idea what you are talking about. You haven't repaired a Joe Blow pump with the issue mine has and others like it unresolved on the web...which may not be repairable in spite of drilling screws out. More bluntly, you are talking out of your ###. So do the forum a favor for those that click on this thread and disappear because you are simply increasing the noise level of this thread. Thanks for nothing...actually worse than nothing...your acrimony.

Last edited by Campag4life; 01-21-16 at 05:53 AM.