Old 01-21-16, 10:08 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Xherion
That Lezyne pump is awesome. I have been using one for several years with no problems, now I can't go back to non-threaded chucks. I've even had a buddy call it the "Rolls Royce" of bike pumps.
Thank you brother. Should have gone Lezyne off the bat. Live and learn. Steel barrel and piston is perhaps its biggest strength... and of course its heralded thread on presta valve versus many valves prone to slip that use a levered interference to hold the pump head. I found the Topeak Smarthead to be an abomination and it failed very early in the life the Joe Blow and because of its premature demise and lack of repairability, bought the Topeak separate Presta/Schrader Twin head which works ok...

Since this thread didn't manifest any repair strategy as hoped for the Joe Blow Pro...a testament perhaps that this failure mode isn't readily repairable or owners are confounded by it, I will post a review of the Lezyne...or at least early impressions after given a whirl. I bought it because of its reviews and long term approval. which echo your comments.
Thanks Xherion.